Friday, May 19, 2017

Enzymes

Enzymes - Faith Lawing

Enzymes are proteins. Enzymes are macromolecular biological catalysts. Enzymes speed up chemical reactions.  The enzyme and the substrate have to be in the same area in order for this process to work. The enzyme latches onto the substrate at the active site. The process then begins known as catalysis. Last, the enzyme releases the product. 

Resources to study:
Enzyme Interactive: 
https://biomanbio.com/HTML5GamesandLabs/LifeChemgames/enzymatichtml5page.html

Enzyme video: 
https://biomanbio.com/HTML5GamesandLabs/LifeChemgames/enzymatichtml5page.html

Reflection:
In this topic, I learned all about enzymes. I didn't know anything about enzymes when we went into this topic. I just knew the word. I really enjoyed enzymes because the process is very broad and their role is very exact.


http://essays.biochemistry.org/content/59/1

7 comments:

  1. I like this blog, it has all necessary information needed. If possible you could have a different thing then the video or interactive. But other then that nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog was put together well and got right to the point. I also like how you have a video and interactive as more help in reviewing. I also like how the topic on enzymes is broad and exact which makes it easy to learn! One thing I would have added is a little more informations on enzymes and also some stuff on what can effect them and some examples of some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how simple and easy to understand your blog post is and how you included interactives. I agree with your reflection because enzymes are a fun topic and it is very exact in what the purpose is. I think you could have included a little more information rather than just the interactive and video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how there is a video for people to look at on your blog. I would add more information though I don't think you have enough. Good post you just needed more information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the simple categorization of this. It made it easy to read and to understand. I also love the addition of a video. I like enzymes too because you are right their role is very exact.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how this is worded simply for easy review. I think it's really cool you did this topic despite not knowing about it! Enzymes are interesting because they help with what we do and breaking food down.

    ReplyDelete

Nucleus

Nucleus: The nucleus is the control center of the cell that controls all the other organelles. It holds all the DNA inside of it and even th...