Friday, May 26, 2017

Carbon Cycle

~ Carbon Cycle ~

• All living things are made of carbon.
• Carbon can be found in the atmosphere, in the ocean, air, and rocks. 
• When carbon is attached to oxygen, a gas called carbon dioxide is created. 
• The largest amount of carbon on Earth is stored in oceans.

The Carbon Cycle

a. Carbon is taken out of the atmosphere by plants and replaced with oxygen.
b. Animals use the oxygen from plants for cellular respiration and produce carbon dioxide.
c. Carbon is released in decaying matter and waste.
d. Carbon is released by the burning of fossil fuels.
e. The cycle repeats over and over.

Human Impact

• Burning fossil fuels releases extra carbon into the atmosphere.
• Increased carbon dioxide increases global warming.
• Deforestation means less vegetation, which results in less carbon dioxide being taken out of the atmosphere and less oxygen being released.

What humans can do

• Help plants grow/replant trees.
• Burn less fossil fuels
• Use cars as least as possible

Reflection

I really benefitted from doing the carbon cycle because before this blog, I didn't know a lot about it. In order to put the correct information, I had to do a lot of research, which has really helped my understanding. One of the most interesting things I learned was that the most carbon is stored in Earth's oceans. Although I already knew fossil fuels increased global warming, I never knew just how greatly they impact my life.

Citations

N.p., 2017. Print.
"The Carbon Cycle". Eo.ucar.edu. N.p., 2017. Web. 26 May 2017.
"Video_Ecology__2_Review_EOC (1).Mov". Google Drive. N.p., 2017. Web. 26 May 2017.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your blog, the format was easy to read and it is really helping me study for the finals. As you mentioned in your reflection, I really didn't know much about carbon cycle either, and I found it interesting most carbon is stored in the ocean. I would suggest adding a video, perhaps : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLuSi_6Ol8M

    It is a crash course video and was really helpful to me!

    ReplyDelete

Nucleus

Nucleus: The nucleus is the control center of the cell that controls all the other organelles. It holds all the DNA inside of it and even th...