Friday, May 19, 2017

Translation

Translation 

Main Idea: It is a process within protein synthesis where tRNA brings the amino acids into the ribosome in order for proteins to be created. 

Additional Facts
- Genetic information is taken from mRNA 
- Codons are groups consisting of three nucleotides which form together by polypeptide bonds to made amino acids. These amino acids will form proteins. 
- It has the ability to be occur while mRNA is doing its job at many points 

Video:

Reflection:
This topic was probably the hardest for me to understand as it was hard to distinguish it when learning about transcription because they sound familiar and are all under the same unit. Doing this topic helped me break down each part of the process in order to help me understand why it's specifically called translation and how it's related. 





Citations 

"Translation". N.p., 2017. Web. 18 May 2017.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you put a video for people to learn from. I would have added about what all the RNA's do and what they are used for. I also had trouble telling the difference from transcription and translation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your blog is straight and direct. I would've added more information about what basically separates translation of transcription. The reflection is good but I would add how it effects you, besides that it was good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the animation of how it works it helped me as I haven't seen a visual example of it yet. I think you should have included that it goes in alphabetical order, and I thought it was hard to understand at first as well. I also like you included a main idea for quick review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how your blog was short and sweet but still packed enough information for me to learn a thing or two. In your reflection I would like to know how this information could help you in your life or your understanding of life? I would add more information about codons, like how they play a major role in translation. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Nucleus

Nucleus: The nucleus is the control center of the cell that controls all the other organelles. It holds all the DNA inside of it and even th...